Holy Mary British Catholic School started as a Nursery School here in Madrid through the vision of its founders, Marta and María Riva de Aldama. It was opened to cater for parents who wished their children to have a British style education based on Catholic values. It expanded due to great demand from parents, and continued to provide education as a Primary School. Further pressure from parents resulted in the opening of the Secondary School with the first phase of the building opening in 2013. Currently, we are the only British Catholic School in the centre of Madrid with around 460 students enrolled. We are committed members of NABSS, CISC and ACADE.
Holy Mary British Catholic School is growing and looking towards the future with an exciting drive for continued improvement, a creative and inclusive curriculum, and fantastic teachers and children. We are a close and highly motivated group of teachers and support staff who create a warm and friendly learning environment for our pupils. We wish to recruit outstanding and inspirational class teachers to join our team of hard working and enthusiastic professionals.
Suitable candidates should have:
• Preferably at least 2 years teaching experience
• EU citizenship
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Confidence in their ability to teach IGCSE and A Level Business Studies; the ability to teach A Level modules of Economics may be an advantage.
• Possess the ability to inspire young people
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Be excellent classroom practitioners who are caring, enthusiastic and committed
• Have high expectations of the achievement and behaviour of all children
• The ability to motivate students to realize their potential academically and personally
• Possess good organizational and administrative skills
• Be supportive of our Catholic ethos
• Be an effective communicator and team player
• Possess a shared commitment to the safeguarding of all young people
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to enjoy a life-style change that accompanies living and working in the beautiful, historic and cosmopolitan city of Madrid. If you wish to apply please complete and send the attached application form, a letter of application of no more than two sides of A4 with a current photograph, including the names, email addresses and phone numbers of three referees one of whom must be your present employer, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Final date for applications: Friday 8th December
Holy Mary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring Service.