Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Business Studies Teacher to join an innovative co-educational secondary school on the outskirts of Reading, Berkshire. Starting January 2019, this is a full time Business Studies Teacher maternity contract for the academic year. There is a possibility that the role will continue into 2019, which could ultimately lead to a generous offer of a permanent placement. The role is open to NQTs as the school offers an extensive induction programme.
About the Role
· Business Studies Teacher
· To educate students through KS3 – KS5
· Full-time maternity cover contract starting January 2019
· Annual salary of £23,000 - £35,000 (depending on experience)
About the School
· Coeducational secondary school catering to students aged 11 – 18 years
· Recently inspected by Ofsted, amounting to a grading of ‘Good’
· New building recently completed providing state of the art facilities and modern resources
· Lots of outdoor space on site
· Comprehensive CPD for all staff, including a highly successful NQT induction program
· Within easy access of Reading Station (connecting directly to London’s Paddington and Waterloo Stations)
In order to be considered for this role, the Business Studies Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education/ PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
· NQTs and OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa / right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number GMA46776.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.