Business Studies Teacher
£29,915 - £41,136 per annum
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is holding Qualified Teachers Status.
The proposed start date for this role would be January 2022.
An adequately qualified and experienced teacher of Business Studies is required to start from January 2022 at a well-established co-educational secondary school with a long track record of delivering positive outcomes for learners.
Smart Teachers is looking for an outstanding full time business studies teacher to join their dedicated team based in Redbridge, East London. The successful candidate will have a clear track record of teaching Business Studies up to KS4 at a minimum or above and will be educated to degree level with evidence of outstanding practice working with 11–19-year-old learners.
The school has been rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and we have received extremely positive feedback from staff who have worked there before. More specifically, positive feedback is usually related to how friendly and welcoming the SLT are. The leadership team are mindful of ensuring that all the staff are looked after and there are many opportunities to progress within the school with the regular CPD courses. Situated nicely between easily accessible train stations.
To be considered for the Business Studies position, you will:
• Relevant specialist experience and qualifications in your subject specialism with the ability to teach young people between 11 – 19-year-olds.
• Can plan and prepare lessons to a high standard, using a variety of delivery methods to facilitate student learning
• Has high expectations from all students throughout lessons
• Can create a supportive learning environment whereby all students have the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teacher of Business Studies who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary team on 0207 065 7530, quoting the reference DXUBUSINESS17657.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.