We are looking for an exceptional teacher to join an outstanding and growing Social Studies Department at Institut auf dem Rosenberg. The candidate should be a motivational and engaging teacher to high-level international students. The ability to teach economics, history or geography is beneficial.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates who:
• employ modern teaching techniques and have a proven track record of excellent academic results, classroom management and in-class differentiation.
• have a proven record of accomplishment of teaching students of all age groups and differentiating effectively in the classroom.
• are willing to develop and implement the International Rosenberg Curriculum(R).
• are interested to take an active part in the Institut auf dem Rosenberg’s extensive Talent & Enrichment programme.
• have the ability to lead on projects and work independently.
Requirements - ideal candidates will have:
• an appropriate degree with PGCE or equivalent teaching-qualification.
• a minimum of 5 years' teaching experience.
• the ability and willingness to teach the Rosenberg International Curriculum(R), which prepares students for International GCSEs/A-Levels, IB Diploma and College Board Advanced Placement exams.
• proven track record of guiding students through the examinations for the above degrees with excellent grades.
• dedication to the ongoing development and excellence of Institut auf dem Rosenberg and a commitment to the school's values and ethos.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to pupils from all over the world. We have pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the past 130 years.
Our value-based philosophy is to educate students in preparation for the challenges of the 21st Century. The school offers International GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations as well as the IB Diploma.
The school also operates a one-of-a-kind Talent & Enrichment programme offering an abundance of co-curricular and sports programmes as well as the world’s first school-owned Creative Lab, a learning and experimentation environment.
• a rare opportunity to work in a highly successful, entrepreneurial and internationally renowned school.
• a truly international environment with outstanding facilities.
• collaborative colleagues committed to excellence.
• an entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan IDP® to maximise their potential.
• attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation for those relocating to Switzerland.
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Business Teacher" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: August 15, 2021. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted online. Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years