Career Development Practitioner | St Mary's College, Toowoomba
Applications close Tuesday, 10 December 2019
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be reviewed prior to the closing date.
Part time | 15 hours per week
Continuing | From 20 January 2020
Career Counsellor/Career Adviser (Teacher)
St Mary's College, Toowoomba | 5-12
Founded in 1899, St Mary’s College focuses on and are specialists in boys’ education, providing various relevant and modern learning experiences and extra-curricular opportunities. All boys are encouraged to strive for excellence and realise their potential in all areas of their holistic education.
The Career Development Practitioner works collaboratively with school communities to promote and foster the achievement, participation, career development, and employability of all students. This role provides a Career Development Program that enables students to make informed choices to navigate their current and future careers.
Key focuses include
- building students’ skills and capabilities for the future, through a planned program of learning, to prepare them for their life after school
- strengthening collaboration between schools, employers and local communities to improve student engagement with work environments, and support the successful transition to further education, training, and work
- developing students’ career management and navigation skills that are needed to make informed career decisions throughout their working life.
- hold or be eligible to hold, registration as a teacher in Queensland
- hold, at a minimum, a graduate certificate or equivalent, and appropriate and recognised qualification in the field of career development (as outlined in the Professional Standards for Career Development Practitioners)
- demonstrated experience working in a similar role
- effective relationship building and influencing skills
- advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- proven and effective leadership skills
- empathy with the values and ethos of the Catholic faith
- a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Further details can be obtained from the Role Description.
Please submit your application via SEEK and include
To discuss this role, or any difficulties submitting your application, please contact the Principal, Michael Newman, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07 4631 7333.
Employment will be in accordance with Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement Diocesan Schools of Queensland 2015 – 2019.