Careers Adviser & Guidance Officer
We are looking for a dynamic candidate who ideally has experience of careers advice and guidance within a large organisation. We are looking for a creative, dynamic and forward-thinking individual, who is self- motivated and likes young people!
The successful candidate will be able to network and represent The Chalk Hills Academy in a variety of settings; working and liaising with companies, employers, charitable Trusts and careers organisations locally, nationally and internationally.
Purpose of the Role
The role of the Careers Adviser & Guidance Officer at The Chalk Hills Academy will be to plan and implement a strategy for developing a careers programme for the Academy that meets all eight of the Gatsby benchmarks of good practice and prepares young people for the choices and transitions in education, training and employment.
There is a dualistic nature to the role; with a focus on career leadership and careers advice. The successful candidate will also provide impartial information, advice and guidance to help students make realistic choices about education, training and work, including Sixth-form options, The Shared Learning Trust Football Academy and Post-16 and Post-18 choices. Careers education forms a continuous thread throughout our Academy life. It aims to provide a framework within which each student can develop the self-awareness and experience necessary to make balanced decisions at each stage during their time at the Academy and, hopefully, after they leave. The role also involves explaining our careers strategies and impact to the Community Cluster Board. Liaison with the Local Authority and other appropriate bodies as necessary, as part of the senior middle leadership of the Academy.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
· Careers Level 6 accreditation or equivalent
· have excellent communication and business networking skills
· +5 years working experience
· evidence of professional development
· confident, hardworking and resourceful
· be able to work under pressure
· work with pupils with confidence
· have a flexible nature
· be a great team-player
· ability to prepare and present presentations with confidence to a variety of audiences
· excellent IT and database skills
Start date As soon as possible
Salary NJC L26-28 £30,451-£32,234 depending on experience
Job Role Permanent, Full time, 25 days holiday, attendance at Parent, Open and Options Evenings
Results Days GCSEs & Post 16
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
The Chalk Hills Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Chalk Hills Academy, one of the four Academies under The Shared Learning Trust.
Vision and Values
'Strive, achieve, believe!' - We want our children to strive for their goals, achieve those goals and believe that with the right d...