The Governing Body is currently looking to appoint a dynamic and experienced
Careers and FE Advisor and Business Links Manager
Grade 3, TTO + 10 days, 36.5 hours/week, permanent
Start Point 9 – 11 £20,344 - £21,166 (pro rata), depending upon experience
Start Date: September 2019
In this key role you will maximise the successful entry of our students into the world’s top Universities, FE Colleges and Apprenticeship schemes by ensuring all our students are provided with information, advice and guidance to access further education, training and the workplace in order for them to achieve their personal goals and career aspirations. The successful candidate will:
• Provide careers advice in preparation for curriculum choices at 14+, 16+ and beyond in line with the national statutory Gatsby Benchmarks
• Advise on the preparation of UCAS applications for university
• Grow and develop an engaged network of parents, alumni, business partners and other friends of the school and community such as MOSAIC, to provide mentorship, work experience and to co-ordinate networking events
• Develop robust relationships with Universities, FE Colleges, vocational institutions and the business community, including the Chamber of Commerce, the CBI and local employment agencies to identify opportunities in the job market, work experience, apprenticeships and internships
• Ensure a comprehensive programme of pre-employment advice and training is available for our students so they are job ready upon leaving the Sixth Form
• Develop, wide-ranging and engaging enrichment interventions for our Sixth Form students
The ideal candidate will have experience of the university admissions and UCAS application process with experience or knowledge of Schools and School curriculum and a Careers, Education, Information and Guidance (CEIAG) qualification or equivalent.
If you can empathise and support students, providing personal warmth to gain their confidence and encourage them to progress and succeed we would be delighted to hear from you.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for the role.
Further details and an Applicant Information Pack are available on our website at www.bordgrng.bham.sch.uk
Please submit your completed application form to HR@bordgrng.bham.sch by the closing date:
12 noon on Tuesday 16 July 2019. Interviews will be held on Thursday 18 July 2019.
If you would like to arrange a visit to our School & Sixth Form, please email the HR mailbox and we will be happy to arrange a tour for you.
If you have not heard from the School within 10 working days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.