We are seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to co-ordinate a key area within the school. The successful candidate will possess excellent organisational and communication skills, be able to multi-task and prioritise workloads effectively and have the ability to work independently under the guidance of Senior Leadership. The role involves planning and managing careers events across Years 7-13 including careers days, work experience, university engagement and careers advice provision. The role also involves communication and relationship building with external organisations including explorers, colleges and the local careers service.
- Over £8 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past three years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
If you would like to work in a forward thinking school and make a difference, we would like to hear from you. This position will start in either July or September 2018 and the deadline for applications is 9am Wednesday 20th June.
10-15 hours a week, Term time only
H4/H5 depending on experience, pro-rata
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. We welcome online TES applications.
Details are also available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Officer, Sandringham School, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. Email email@example.com
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.