Closing Dates: 22/06/2018
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience)
Location: Hackney Contract type: Full Time / Term Time
Start Date: ASAP
Are you passionate about young people and their Careers? Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”?
Ofsted 2015 Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high”
Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014 The Petchey Academy is looking to recruit an outstanding Careers Coordinator. This post represents a superb opportunity for a motivated professional who wants to challenge and engage pupils about their choices around careers across the full 11-18 age range.
The successful applicant will be responsible for this increasingly important area of educational provision. The main tasks are: ·
1. Work with the AVP for CEIAG to plan work-related learning across the curriculum and develop and perhaps deliver seminar sessions that are focused on careers and work experience
2. Support staff to organise and maintain the quality of supplementary trips and internal workshops for students
3. Be available to provide supplementary one to one and small group careers advice to students in addition to that provided by external partners
4. Manage our online careers portal (Grofar) to collate, analyse and continually improve our careers provision
5. Manage the careers web areas of the eXchange and collate all relevant learning materials and prospectuses for students
6. Provide Careers drop-in sessions with students who may have concerns
7. Support parents evenings and enquiries regarding subject choices across year groups
8. Support UG students with UCAS applications
9. Co-ordinate Yr10 and Yr12 work-related learning schemes
10. Support the co-ordination our Career Ready Programme
11. Be the key liaison between the Academy and our careers partnerships including Inspire, Prospects, Into University, and the Hackney Careers Collaborative.
12. Sign-post regular careers opportunities and external events provided by the HCC to all relevant staff and students
13. Organise activities and events linked to our annual Careers Week and Apprenticeship week.
14. Ensure that the Academy meets all Gatsby benchmark standards
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to: · To work across all year groups · Support students to succeed beyond national expectations and plan their next steps in education · Work with dedicated and enthusiastic staff to inspire our students. · Help shape our evolving CEIAG programme · Enjoy an inspiring new building and facilities The successful candidate will: · Have completed or at least working towards the Career Guidance and Development Level 6. · Have the ability to work with students with a range of needs. · Be patient, hard-working, and committed to the development of young people. · Inspire students to learn and achieve. · Enjoy working in a challenging but highly rewarding environment The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the Academy’s safer recruitment procedure successful candidate will undergo the enhanced DBS check. To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk vacancies section