Smart Teachers Australia is recruiting for a Careers Counsellor to join a highly reputable independent school that values academic excellence within a holistic educational setting. The school boasts 21st century learning practices and caters to students of all abilities. The successful applicant will join a collaborative team of passionate staff. This is a 12 month contract with a negotiated starting date.
About the Role:
- Job Reference number #TES1704-159100SP
- Located in Brisbane, Australia
- April start Date (Negotiable)
- Convenient inner city location
- Developing a comprehensive Careers Program, which aligns with the School’s Strategic Intent
- Providing a comprehensive career counselling service
- Interviewing and providing careers advice to Year 12 students and other Year Levels as required
- Managing the tertiary transition program
- Liaising with relevant local, national and international universities and other tertiary institutions
- Caring and supporting students from reception – year 12
- Delivering personal counselling service with minimum supervision
- Providing advice to Dean of Students, Dean of Teaching, Learning, and Innovation and other Executive members regarding student welfare
- Liaising with Heads of Year and Heads of School on student welfare matters
About the Location:
Brisbane is the third largest city in Australia. Queensland's capital strikes a nice balance between the bustle of the bigger capitals, with less overall crowding and typically sunnier weather to boot.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Must have a visa for Australia
- Possess current references
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications for careers and personal counselling (Teacher Registration not a requirement for this role)
- Experience working as a careers and personal counsellor in education (essential)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to influence staff and students positively
- Blue Card for working with children (eligibility to apply)
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1704-159100SP
If you are an Australian/New Zealand citizen or have secured a visa for Australia, please include this information on your CV.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.