We are looking to appoint an ambitious and driven Careers Leader to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity allowing you to be at the heart of shaping the future success of the school.
University Academy of Engineering South Bank is a rapidly growing, mixed 11 - 18 school located in the heart of London. The school opened in September 2014 and is sponsored by London South Bank University. The school is part of the South Bank Academies Trust.
Our school is a safe haven where every child enjoys their own journey of discovery, creativity and imagination and develops a love for their learning. The students leave our school not just with qualifications showing their academic success, but also with the capacity to think clearly and deeply, a desire to act with integrity and to show kindness and empathy to others, and with the character and experience they need to thrive in the world.
As Careers Leader you will be responsible for developing and ensuring the success of our very extensive programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance and employer contact for all students in the school. You will manage the delivery of the careers and work experience programmes for all students from year 7 to year 13. You will ensure the school achieves the Gatsby benchmarks.
We are looking to appoint someone who:
· Has a passion for working with young people and the impact this can have on their lives.
· Has a range of high quality organisational skills and a commitment to continually strive to improve and develop these skills.
· Has imagination and is able to take the initiative in developing ideas.
· Is engaged in current issues, ideas and research around work related learning.
· Is able to set out and articulate a coherent vision for how CEIAG and employer engagement can support our students to achieve apprenticeships and higher education destinations.
· Has highly developed inter-personal skills who can develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of external employers, university staff and other providers.