Notre Dame School is seeking a Caretaker who will support and assist in the smooth running, upkeep, event preparations, cleaning and security of the school. Maintain a pro-active attitude and provide excellent customer service at all times taking an active role within the Estates Team.
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
• To hold pool plant operators certificate, IMPSRA Institute or equivalent
• COSHH certificate or equivalent health and safety qualification
• Manual Handling Training
• Fire Training
• Health and Safety training and experience
• Risk assessment training
• Significant experience of working in a similar role
• Experience of managing own workload and ability to prioritise
• Knowledge of health and safety and good practice relevant to the duties of the post.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and use a solutions focused approach
• Good ICT skills
• Excellent organisation and problem solving skills
• Flexibility with regards to working hours
• Evidence of success in completing handyperson or DIY tasks (paid or unpaid)
• Knowledge of efficient cleaning methods and materials
• Safe working procedures with regard to chemicals, plant and machinery
Personal and other relevant attributes:
• Commitment to the provision of a quality service
• Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative.
• Clean Driver’s licence with qualification to drive a mini bus
• Local council mini bus evaluation
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable
• Able to undertake all the physical requirements of the post and use equipment, according to health and safety guidelines
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as working individually or as directed
• A positive ‘ can do’ approach is required
• Willing to undergo training as required and as appropriate for the role