We are looking for a School Caretaker to join our site team at The Deepings School. The vacancy has arisen due to the retirement of a long serving Site Manager.
The post is permanent. The usual hours of work are 1pm to 9pm Monday to Thursday, 1pm to 8.30pm Friday, all year round, with a 30 minute unpaid mealbreak each day (37 hours per week). Holiday entitlement is 24 days per annum plus public holidays (rising to 29 days after 5 years’ service).
The key responsibilities will be
• Security of the site. Routine closing of the premises.
• Named key holder & contact for out of hours site emergencies (night and weekends)
• Energy management
• Frost protection, snow clearance, salt application
• Minor repairs
• Escorting contractors
• Room set up – chairs & tables
• First Aider
• Driving school minibus
• Receiving deliveries
• Main contact for lettings and cleaning up after lettings
• Managing small projects
The postholder will
• Be reliable & co-operative
• Be flexible & adaptable
• Work well in a team
• Able to use initiative and be proactive
• Have a good understanding of Health & Safety & COSHH
• Understand Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations
• Have a First Aid qualification or be willing to undertake training
• Have a full driving licence
This post involves significant physical activity such as lifting & handling, pulling, pushing, working at heights etc. Some lone working will be necessary.
The site team consists of a Facilities Manager, Caretaker (vacant post) and two Assistant Caretakers. Cleaning provision is by outside contractors.
Please upload your completed application form to the TES website, OR email it to email@example.com OR post it to the school address. CVs will not be accepted.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks which will, where applicable, include a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
The Deepings School is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Deepings School fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection. Our policy applies to all staff, governors and volunteers working in the school.