Robertsbridge Community College is seeking a caretaker as soon as possible to join the existing team. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of four people responsible for running the site. All of these roles cover each other for absence, or holidays. Working hours during school holidays may follow a different pattern by negotiation.
This role is the Caretaker 2 position working 13.30 - 21.30 as below, however flexibility is required from the team to cover shifts as required.
We may consider applications for a job share of morning and afternoon shifts between caretaker 1 and 2 positions, either on a flexible basis or by undertaking one term on one term off, so would also welcome an application on this basis.
The current working hours are:
Caretaker 1 6.30 - 14.30 (6.30 - 14.00 on Friday) - 37 hours
Caretaker 2 13.30 - 21.30 (12.30 - 20.00 on a Friday) - 37 hours
Asst Caretaker 12.30 - 3.30 RCC - external areas / hall / parcels 7.30 - 8.12 RCC (Heads Office / staffroom) - 16 hours
We are looking for a Caretaker who:
- can work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- can provide a high quality service ideally including extended DIY and maintenance skills, and ensure site security
- can ensure the school cleaners works to a high standard
- can support the day to day running of the school, completing urgent staff requests
- can carry out a porterage service of parcels and equipment around the site
- Can drive a minibus (D1 on driving licence) or prepared to undertake the training
The role will include some handyperson skills (painting/carpentry/plumbing), to ensure that the maintenance and upkeep of the school premises make it safe, secure and pleasant.
The role is advertised at two pay grades. The higher grade will be available to those candidates who can demonstrate building or trade skills that fit the needs of the College and existing team. There may be the opportunity to undergo training, and progress over time to the higher role.
The Caretaker grades are:
- Caretaker 3 - Single Status 4 £16,120 - £16,778
- Caretaker 4 - Single Status 6 £ 18,578 - £19,728
The caretaker will also be responsible for undertaking all relevant Health & Safety checks and complete all associated paper work, and managing contractors while on site.
It is essential that the caretaker is able to take responsibility and be flexible in their approach to working with colleagues. A positive attitude and the ability to prioritise work are requirements of this role. The evening part of the role will involve some lone working. Personal protective devices are installed at the College for the safety of the postholder.