Caretaker - Paxman Academy
Pay Range: Band 2 to midpoint (£18,065 to £18,795)
Paxman Academy wishes to appoint a caretaker to join its new team to undertake a wide range of duties including carrying out first line repairs and maintenance, lettings supervision, site security, porterage, some cleaning and to be a key-holder for out-of-hours emergencies and alarm calls. The ability to work without supervision is essential.
Start date: 1st July 2019.
We're looking for you if you:
● Have ability to carry out first line repairs and maintenance e.g. repairing a leaking pipe, simple installation work, such as plumbing in a new tap and redecoration as required.
● Are able to act as a key holder, carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds.
● Have the ability to manage your own time effectively and demonstrate a flexible approach
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Brand new school buildings
• Continuous Professional Development opportunities
• Friendly and collaborative working environment
Paxman Academy has new purpose built facilities. The school has a robust CPD training programme that allows our staff to flourish . In addition to internal CPD at Paxman Academy, staff have the opportunity to work with colleagues across the Sigma Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships. Excellent support is provided by the Sigma Trust.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website
Please note that CVs cannot be accepted, you need to complete the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.