About the role: Milestone Academy require a suitably experienced Caretaker to join their site team. The successful applicant will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work as part of a team as well as having the ability to work alone when required. The working basis of this position is 37 hours per week throughout the full year and we can offer our successful applicant 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays.
Please note that we will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and close the vacancy once an appointment has been made, so please do submit your application when possible.
What we expect from you:
- To ensure the security, care and availability of the academy's buildings furniture, fittings and equipment
- To ensure a satisfactory physical environment and to promote the efficient use of the academy’s assets to support its educational objectives.
- To undertake a planned maintenance programme of painting, repairs etc. under direction of the Site Manager.
- To be responsible for ensuring the building and contents are secured.
- Provide provision of access to the building (and grounds) to authorised persons at all reasonable times.
- (i) Maintaining a constant awareness of the physical condition of the buildings, furniture and equipment and taking appropriate steps to ensure maintenance and repairs where necessary and within the scope of a competent handyperson.
- (ii) Report to Site Manager any repairs or maintenance work, which is beyond the competence and responsibility of the academy staff.
- To process all reports, including burglar alarm activations must be logged in the records books intended for such purposes.
See full Job Description and Person Specification for more details.
Help our students reach their full potential: Milestone Academy is a large, modern, well-resourced academy, providing for 252 pupils with profound, severe and complex needs in a semi-rural setting. Our pupils are ages between 2-19 years. We have a commitment to pupils and families to deliver personal and academic progress for each pupil whilst they are with us, and this extends to providing a safe and pleasant environment in which they can learn.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have the opportunity to collaborate with your peers and share best practice at Academy level and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You will also be expected to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation. As part of the 'cluster' structure, all of our academies are grouped together in key geographical area to enable them to be able to support each other and share resources. It also offers staff access to career opportunities across the Trust allowing them to progress their career without switching employers. For more information on working for the Trust please visit our careers pages
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.