Caretaker for Holy Island C of E First School
We are looking for a practical, dependable and helpful person to join our team from August 2018.
Holy Island C of E First School is looking for someone to join our school as a caretaker. This role is for an average of 5 hours per week all year round. During term time this would probably be an hour a day with more flexibility during school holiday times.
We need someone who:
· Is friendly , helpful and very trustworthy
· Is willing to be adaptable according to the needs of the school
· Can communicate effectively
· Understands the importance of health and safety and keeping the school site safe and secure
· Is resourceful and works with initiative and without constant supervision
· Will be an ambassador for our school with the local community and supports our school ethos
· Is able to be on the school site when the causeway is closed
In return we can offer:
· The chance to work with a small but friendly and experienced team
· The opportunity to learn and develop your skills
· A rewarding job helping our local school to be the best it can be
Although you would be employed by the governing body of the federated schools (Lowick and Holy Island) you would be a member of the Holy Island C of E First School staff. The two schools remain as separate schools within a federation. In practice this means that they choose to work closely together and share a single governing body and an ethos.
Application forms and further documentation can be downloaded from the links on Jobs North East or downloaded below. Completed application forms and declaration should be returned to the school (either Holy Island or Lowick site is acceptable) or emailed to email@example.com
Closing Date: 12pm Thursday 28th June 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
We are open to applicants also applying for the Teaching Assistant role currently being advertised and combining both jobs.
The position is permanent.
Salary: £2,109 - £2,228 per annum. Average of 5 hours per week including during school holidays (this can be allocated flexibly according to need).