39 hours per week.
We seek to appoint a caretaker to be responsible for the provision of looking after and maintaining our school grounds. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a growing and consistently developing school.
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, with online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh. Our school is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
- The chance to work in a friendly well run school.
- A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
- Experience of working in a school environment.
- Experience of being in a similar role.
- Good communication skills.
- Time management.
The right candidate:
- Demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
- Demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
- Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
- Awareness of COSHH regulations, applying knowledge gained as appropriate.
- Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors and outside users of the school (hirers).
- Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the resources manager for further details.
Closing date: 09.00, 17 December 2021.
Interview: week commencing 20 December 2021.
For further information please download the application pack below.
Lawn Manor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of all convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Lawn Manor is led by Headteacher Sandra Muir and is the first secondary school to join the newly formed Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT). RWBAT CEO, George Croxford, has built the MAT around the word of ‘Excellence.’ George's v...