Casual Classroom Teaching
Please note that casual approval does not guarantee employment with Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn, though it makes you eligible to work casually as a Teacher within Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn.
You will not be able to commence working until you go through the relevant recruitment process and accept an employment contract.
If you are a current employee or have worked for Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn within the last 6 months, please contact the recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to applying.
About Casual Teaching:
The Classroom Teacher working in a casual capacity will be called upon on an as need basis by Catholic Schools within the Archdiocese of Canberra Goulburn. Whilst engaged in a school your first point of contact will be the school Principal or their elected delegate. The role of the casual Classroom Teacher is to create a learning environment which stimulates learning, promotes excellence and which accepts and acknowledges the needs of students to be both challenged and supported.
- An understanding and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic Education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills so as to engage positively with colleagues and students.
- Classroom practices and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments for all students, including meeting a variety of learning needs.
- A thorough knowledge of the Australian Curriculum and/or NSW Curriculum with the ability to organise, select and design content for effective teaching and learning.
How to apply:
Please follow the 'Apply now' link to apply for employment as a Casual Teacher. Before commencing this application, please make sure you have the following information ready:
- Working with children/vulnerable people check
- NESA and/or TQI teaching accreditation details
- Teaching academic transcripts
- Statement of Services from past employers (if necessary)
- Contact details of 3 professional referee's
- Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria listed above
Applicants are required to submit a current resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria outlined in the Position Description. Please contact the Recruitment Team on (02) 6234 5427 or via email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn