Casual ESOL Teacher
Reference Number: SCC161767
Salary: Starting salary £17.95 - £30.03 per hour (points 1-9 of the SFCA teachers pay scale) incremental progression throughout the band is available
Faculty: Academic Studies
Contract Type: Casual
Hours per Week: Casual
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified, enthusiastic and skilled ESOL Teacher to join our busy team.
Applicants should have a proven track record of outstanding academic success and must possess the ability to teach students up to Level 2 of mixed abilities. We are seeking an individual with excellent subject knowledge, who can demonstrate an ability to combine a strong classroom presence with excellent student achievement. Candidates must possess a genuine interest in the subject area, be student focussed, have a relevant subject degree and have an appropriate postgraduate qualification. An aptitude in digital skills and teaching employability are essential as some tuition may take place in a Digital Learning Zone .
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information about Salford City College please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Salford City College is highly ambitious and a leading provider in Greater Manchester. It aims to be outstanding in all aspects of its work.
Reason to Join Us
- Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- A wide range of learning & career opportunities
- MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
- Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
- We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
- For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.
Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 11th December 2016.
Interview Date: week commencing 19th December 2016