Main Purpose of the Job
To supervise classes during the short-term absence of the assigned teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Liaise with Cover Supervisor Coordinator to help supervision of classes upon demand
· Deliver pre-planned lessons in the absence of student’s subject teachers (Period 1 to 6).
· Manage the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
· Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
· Collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
· Report, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class and on any problems arising.
Relevant Experience / Knowledge
· Experienced qualified teacher or evidence of classroom experience
· Educated up to degree standard
· Experience of working with children aged 11 – 18 years old
· Competence in the use of ICT
· Ability to work with a minimum of supervision and within a team
· Have ‘affable intensity’: a sense of humour, but retain sharp intensity for what needs to be done and ability to ‘get on with it’
· Understand that teaching is first and foremost about service and ‘going the extra mile' for the students
· Reliable, adaptable and flexible
· Open approach to teaching, engaging in all subjects
£120 - £140 per day plus holiday allowance (£134 - £156 per day total) dependent on experience
Gordon’s School is a State Boarding and Day School and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment – applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate screening including an enhanced DBS check.
Gordon’s is a non-selective, 11-18 school of 940 boys and girls. Unusually for a state school it offers residential boarding facilities to 270 students. Founded in 1885, its historical links with General Charles Gordon have shaped the ethos and...