Casual Trainer Assessor – Accounting
Salary: £12.68 per hour
Site: Accrington & Rossendale College
Closing Date: Midnight – Monday 4th October 2021
Interview Date: TBC
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
The College Group is looking for a Casual Trainer Assessor for Accounting to work within our busy Work-based Learning and Apprenticeship department. Working with learners placed in businesses across Lancashire, the successful candidate will be committed to work-based learning provision, with an appreciation of the fact that the role of an Assessor can make a massive difference to the life choices our learners will have in the future. Supporting a caseload of learners through their qualifications, the successful candidate will have a “hands-on” approach; coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards.
The successful candidate will provide a forward thinking, operational advice service to managers and staff within dedicated Divisions/Departments across the College Group. Having excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be key to developing and maintaining excellent professional relationships with key staff, managers and senior leaders.
This role will be based at our Accrington and Rossendale College site, however, travel will be required.
What You Will Be Doing
• Deliver all elements of relevant Business Unit programmes including: training, mentoring, learner reviews, timely feedback and assessment
• Deal with student recruitment, admission and induction procedures
• Be involved in student, College and company inductions
• Take a “hands-on” approach with students, coaching and demonstrating best practice in line with the new Standards
• Conduct initial assessment of student needs
• Maintain accurate student records
• Identify and facilitate the placement of students in order to ensure that both student and employer needs are met
• Plan and record students’ training plans
What We Are Looking For:
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject (Accounting)
• A1 qualification
• V1 or equivalent qualification and a teaching qualification (desirable)
• Current commercial/industrial experience
• Experience of delivery and assessment of qualifications (Accounting)
What We Offer in Return:
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
• A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
• Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
• Fantastic family friendly policies
• Free on-site parking on all College sites
• Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Take me to the Application form: https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/application-form/
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team on email@example.com
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
Nelson and Colne College
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
Nelson and Colne College, located in the town of Nelson, Lancashire, offers further education to 1,600 full-time students and 3,500 part-time adults. The college was founded during the reorganisation of education in Pendle in the early 1970s and crea...