Reporting to: Assistant Chef Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 25 hours per week (10:00am -3:00pm) (Term Time Only plus 1 week)
Salary: Grade 2, pro-rated salary is £13,307-£13,790 per annum
To assist the Chef Manager with all aspects of food preparation, food service, kitchen hygiene and other duties associated with the running of the academy’s kitchen.
• To serve the food to an exceptional standard and interact with the staff and pupils in an appropriate and helpful way
• To set up the serving and dining areas as directed by the Chef Manager
• To serve food and provide a helpful and knowledgeable service at all times
• To operate a cashless till and any other items of catering machinery or equipment as directed by the Chef Manager
• To work as part of a team to ensure that all service requirements are met.
• To prepare and deliver refreshments for special functions, and collect and clean dirty cutlery, crockery and other serving items after functions, as and when required. This may include some evening work.
• To record food temperatures and labelling of stock items in accordance with procedures
• To carry out the responsibilities of the post in accordance with all Health and Safety and relevant legislation, reporting any incidents or accidents, including near misses, to the Chef Manager
• To keep the kitchen, cooking preparation area, equipment and dining hall clean and tidy
• To carry out washing up and cleaning tasks, including cleaning equipment and machinery, in accordance with requirements and procedures
• To take part in deep cleans of the kitchen, food storage, serving and dining areas of the academy as directed by the Chef Manager.
• Right to work in the UK
• NVQ level 3 or equivalent level qualification.
• Relevant Health & Safety and Food Hygiene qualifications.
• A good standard of basic literacy and numeracy qualification (Essential)
• Experience of catering essential.
• Experience of working with children preferred.
• Solid experience of using COSHH database is essential (Essential)
• Intermediate to Advanced user or Microsoft Office Skills particularly strong with Excel, Word and PowerPoint (Essential)
• Hard working, conscientious and organized.
• Excellent team player, helpful, friendly and willing to undertake extra tasks (as and when necessary)
• Good role model for both students and staff, with high expectations for self and others
• Genuine interest in and willingness to help children to learn how to eat healthily
• You may from time to time be required to work after school and weekends due to the events planned for the day/week, therefore flexibility is essential.
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
• This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
• Undertake Fire Marshal and First Aid training.
• To undertake various responsibilities as directed by the Catering Manager, Finance and Resources Director, the Principal Head teacher and any member of the SLT.
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Principal
• This job description is subject to change with the agreement of the post holder.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Globe Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
In 2008 Geoffrey Chaucer Secondary and Joseph Lancaster Primary school merged to join the Ark network as Ark Globe Academy. Ark Globe Academy is a mixed all through school with student age ranging from 3-18.
At Ark Globe Academy we have the highest a...