Pioneer Educational Trust is looking for inspiring, optimistic and pioneering people to join our committed Educational Support & Administrative Teams. Currently, the Trust Schools are Upton Court Grammar School in Slough, Trevelyan Middle School in Windsor and Foxborough Primary School in Langley.
Every school within Pioneer Educational Trust will provide an outstanding education to all children and young people. In a post-pandemic world, this means preparing children and young people to thrive at intrapersonal, interpersonal, societal and global levels. Through an exceptional curriculum, strong pastoral systems and meaningful personal development, our learners’ experience will be inclusive, relational and empowering.
Pioneer Educational Trust will continue to be the employer of choice as a result of its commitment to professional development for all colleagues, a positive and enriching working environment and outstanding leadership development opportunities underpinned by the vertical leadership principles. Coupled with a systematic approach to school improvement, the trust will provide high support and high challenge to enable all to flourish and be fulfilled.
Our community will be knowledgeable and empowered taking principled action in service to others. As such, we will continue to lead ethically demonstrating a commitment to outward-facing work with our local, national and international educational communities. Our mission is grounded on four core values which our schools embrace:
• we pioneer: by preparing the way for others to follow, we transcend barriers through aspiration, merit and risk. Pioneer engenders determination, commitment and responsibility to better society through education and learning, never accepting mediocrity
• we inspire collaboration: we believe in working in partnership. In a culture of high trust and intelligent risk-taking, collaboration exists at all levels and between all stakeholders
• we invest intelligently: by providing high-quality professional development for all staff and a positive and enriching work environment. We provide high support and challenge that enables all colleagues to flourish
• we drive equality: providing equal access to an outstanding education is central to the aims of the Trust. The Trust champions the vulnerable and disadvantaged, breaking down barriers to learning.
In return, we can offer you:
• well-resourced facilities and the necessary IT equipment
• fantastic communities of staff and students
• benefits which include an employee assistance programme, access to a free, annual seasonal flu vaccination, an extensive range of retail discounts, training and development opportunities
• Additional time to facilitate professional development and collaborative working
We are seeking to appoint a Catering Assistant to assist and support the Catering Director in the provision of an efficient and effective catering service for schools within Pioneer Educational Trust, based in Slough.
Your main aim will be the preparation, cooking and service of healthy and high quality meals to meet the specifications as defined by the Trust. This will also include meeting meal requirement for staff, students and any special or emergency function catering. Experience of working in school or hospital catering (eg. Mass production of meals) is desirable. The successful candidate must have a Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification (or willingness to gain one) and also hold a current, clean and valid driving license.
Other responsibilities include:
• Assisting in menu and recipe development
• Assisting with the supervision and training of on-site catering staff
• Assisting in stock take procedures as require
• Presentation and serving of meals and dining room arrangements
• Cleaning of the catering, serving and eating areas when required.
Hours of work:
Term time (38 weeks) plus 2 days; Monday – Friday: 10.45am – 3pm (no lunch break), Wednesday: 9.45am – 2pm (no lunch break)
Trevelyan Middle School
Windsor and Maidenhead
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 9 - 13 years