THE COLNE COMMUNITY SCHOOL AND COLLEGE
Pay Range: Local Government Band 7 £25,481-£28,672 (Point 19 – 24)
Start Date: ASAP
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join our busy catering staff as a part time Catering Manager. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with our existing team to provide a healthy catering service to our school community and be responsible for budgeting and the operation efficiency of the catering service.
The position will suit an experienced Catering Manager capable of enhancing the catering service.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning creative, innovative and nutritious menus for students, staff and visitors
- Maintenance of the highest standards of hygiene and health and safety in line with the school’s Food Safety Management System
- To develop a Strategic and Operational Plan for the catering provision
- Provide leadership, supervision and support to employees and trainees of the catering staff, including allocation of duties, work rotas
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- CGLI 706/1 & 2 or NVQ Level 2 Professional Cookery
- Proven experience of managing a high volume quality commercial kitchen operation e.g. hotel/events catering as Chef or Assistant
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A proactive approach
Why work for The Sigma Trust, The Colne Community School and College?
We can offer you:
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is a part time job share position. The days and hours required are Thursday and Friday, 7.30am – 3.30pm, 42 weeks per year (Term Time, plus Non-pupil days and 3 weeks during school closure periods). The stated hours include one half an hour unpaid break.
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to email@example.com .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV’s and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midnight Monday 27th September 2021
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 4th October 2021
Interviewing will take place on Monday 11th October 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Colne Community School and College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Colne is an inclusive comprehensive school that sits within the heart of our community. Our ARK values of Aspiration, Resilience and Kindness describe the ethos that flows through our school. Students at The Colne deserve a first class education,...