Job Advert – Stanway School
Pay: LGS Scale 7 , points 19-24 (£ 25,481-£28,672 per annum pro rata)
Hours/Weeks: 37 hours Mon – Thu 8.00am-4.00pm, Fri 8.00am-3.30pm term time, plus INSET days plus 3 weeks during school holidays.
The start date for this post is 4 January 2022.
We are seeking to appoint a Catering Manager to be responsible for the catering service provided at the school.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
The role will involve:
● Responsibility for the operational efficiency of the catering service: planning, preparation and presentation of food and beverages to the required standard within the budget limitations as agreed with the school management
● Planning and managing the development of the School’s Catering Provision for students, staff and events
● Maintenance of the highest standards of hygiene and health and safety
● Leading a team to produce a healthy, nutritious and balanced menu for all members of the school community
We're looking for you i f you have:
● Relevant catering qualifications to at least NVQ Level 3
● Experience in the operational efficiency, planning, preparation and presentation of food
and beverages to a high standard within agreed budget limitations
● The ability to maintain a high standard of personal and general cleanliness and hygiene
to comply with statutory and school regulations, including working knowledge of health
and safety and food related regulations
● The knowledge of own position within a team environment and the boundaries which apply
● The ability to manage and support the work of others
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
● The opportunity to be part of the design and opening of a brand new kitchen facility with
nearly £1m of funding;
● A competitive Salary;
● Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
● A full continuous Professional Development Programme;
● Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust.
We are a very successful school, which has a ‘ Good’ Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8
scores for the past 3 years. The Stanway School is expanding; all the buildings are new,
including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: Midday, 15th December 2021
Every student matters at The Stanway School. To be part of our staff community is to accept challenge as a daily experience, promote kindness as an integral part of developing young people’s personalities and to celebrate success for all. These form ...