Catering Teaching Assistant – PRU
- £80-£100 per day
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Catering Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply team work in a specialist SEMH setting in Wakefield. This is a challenging yet rewarding role, which will commence From February half term until the end of the academic year, with the potential to become a permanent post.
Recruiting for An SEMH school based in Wakefield have a rare requirement for a Catering Teaching Assistant / Technician.
This is a full time position working within a specialist setting that cater for vulnerable learners who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. This particular position is to work in a Vocational Centre however there may be a requirement to move across to other sites of the school where students may also display other difficulties like Autism / Asperger’s / ADHD. Our ideal candidate will have experience in Catering and working with challenging behaviours. You must be a very fast thinker and adapt to situations that could arise. We are looking for empathetic, confident Catering assistant to assist the Catering Teacher with KS4 students.
This specific school are Ofsted rated ‘Good’ and have a really strong supportive Leadership team. We are looking for a member of staff who can fit in well and have a great sense of humour with the ability to build relationships fast.
To be considered for the Catering Assistant position, you will:
• Have experience of working as a Catering Assistant in a challenging environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Hole a Team Teach qualification or be willing to attend our free training.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team on 01484 642928.