To provide co-ordination and guidance within the education areas and catering outlets, whist undertaking supervisory duties ensuring an excellent service is provided to all customers.
1. To supervise support staff to ensure the smooth and efficient running of commercial and educational areas and undertake an active role when required.
2. To ensure excellent customer service is provided and delivered in all aspects of the departments commercial and educational areas
3. To supervise and undertake as required the service and to be proactive in response to peeks in customer demands
4. To devise and monitor staff rotas/work schedules, and reschedule / relocate staff as required by the business. To take a hands on approach as required to ensure excellent customer service is delivered to all stakeholders
5. Assist in identification of staff development needs arising out of curriculum changes
6. To follow correct procedure in compliance with company policy whilst cash handling.
7. to record and report on all class costs , and liaise with line managers if high cost values are requested to seek approval
8. To oversee and ensure compliance in maintaining a safe secure hygienic environment to comply with legislation. Undertake and review risk assessments and ensure all working practices are compliant with legislation eg COSHH, Safer food better business, and report on servicing and malfunction of electrical equipment/Building maintenance issues and keep documentary evidence.
9. To be proactive oversee and undertake Food storage, Stock rotating and Stock taking to comply with legislation. To safely collect & deliver food produce from classes etc to the correct areas.
10. To co-ordinate and deliver where appropriate staff training & development inc staff induction and liaise with line manager report month end stock takes in accordance with college policies and procedures
11. To report month end stock takes in accordance with college policies and procedures
12. To construct and deconstruct food trolleys and equipment required for educational classes
13. To support tutors and assist with supervising and coaching students undertaking work experience within the catering outlets experience
14. To ensure accurate portion control, quality & counter service is standardised and delivered at all times
15. To supervise and undertake where necessary regular cleaning of all equipment and work areas within the catering outlets
16. To facilitate the hospitality requirements and events and engage with extra college activities as required
17. To effectively and efficiently use all equipment and products to minimise waste in order to create an efficient working environment
18. To ensure continuous development and improvement of skills and professional knowledge
19. To oversee and undertake vending duties as required
20. To build and maintain effective team working relationships
21. To promote greener working practices to support college recycling policies
22. To coordinate and liaise with Bistro staff to plan menus inc marketing and merchandising new and existing products. T To undertake such other duties and responsibility of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by your line manager (or nominated representative).
23. To ensure standard pricing & portion control are maintained across both campuses