Job Title: Hourly Paid Tutor - CELTA Trainer
Company: City & Islington College
Salary: GBP 26.84 per hour per hour (including holiday pay)
Location: The Centre for Lifelong Learning, City & Islington College, London N4 2DG
City and Islington College is a learning environment like no other. The College is a leader in its field and has been honoured with many prizes and awards. Our CELTA Teacher Training team is highly experienced and committed to delivering the very best CELTA training programmes.
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit an excellent CELTA Trainer to:
* teach on CELTA teacher training courses which are delivered at various points during the academic year * act as a personal tutor to CELTA trainees
* To carry out all duties necessary for the Cambridge CELTA course including lesson observations, oral and written feedback to trainees, completion of all Cambridge University Examination board. Internal and external moderation
* teach both day and evening sessions as required at the Centre for lifelong Learning
* To participate in course team meetings as required and to be a pro-active member of the team
* Possession of appropriate professional qualifications and/or a recognised teaching qualification: PGCE; DELTA; DTELLS; PGCE ESOL.
* Be a recognized and qualified CELTA trainer
* To have at least two years' experience delivering CELTA training
* Varied and extensive ESOL and/or EFL teaching experience
* Knowledge of the courses/curriculum relevant to the post, and of recent curriculum and pedagogic developments affecting them.
* Excellent communication skills for addressing the individual needs of CELTA trainees and being an effective member within a dedicated, collaborative team.
* Be flexible to meet the demands and responsibilities of being a personal tutor with an appreciation for systems for monitoring progress towards higher levels of study and employment.