Every day, GEMS Education has the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we impact 1.4 million students through the initiatives of our charity partner the Varkey Foundation. The GEMS approach to learning is one which focuses not only on academic excellence, but also on provision of a values-based education to every child. A GEMS education helps students develop character, creativity, personal leadership and the spirit of enterprise necessary to achieve their full potential as global citizens and leaders of the future.
We are seeking to recruit an exceptional leader who can make a truly dynamic impact in our flagship Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis in Dubai.
The school has 4150 students from Foundation Stage through to Year 13, and has rapidly built and embedded a reputation of being one of the most innovative and cutting edge schools in the region. The school has a reputation for high academic standards for its students and corresponding professional expectations of its teachers and leaders. The Academy adopts a unique approach to curriculum – one which places the development of skills, competences and personal capabilities at the centre of planning and delivery.
WSO students are mostly ‘third culture kids’ who hold multiple passports and who speak at least two languages. The school offers the National Curriculum for England with the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13. WSO’s students are high achieving and driven, motivated by the goal of attending the best universities in the world. The school has excellent facilities and participates in international and local sports and activities leagues with other independent schools in the region and all students get the opportunity to participate in an array of rich and varied extracurricular activities.
The Principal/CEO of WSO will have:
- Strong educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within an outstanding/high performing school either in the UK or internationally;
- Experience of leading schools successfully through accreditation and inspections;
- Ideally a working knowledge of the IBDP programme;
- Excellent communication skills and strategies that will motivate and inspire all stakeholders;
- The ability to provide direction, set expectations, and inspire staff by communicating goals clearly and empowering them through collaboration;
- Successful and demonstrable experience of parental engagement and evidence of creating community partnerships that enhance learning;
- A cultural understanding and ethos to lead both staff and students to continually strive for excellence; and
- A Commitment to work collaboratively with other GEMS schools on common problems and challenges.
If you possess the drive and ability to make a real impact in this successful school, please submit a CV and a formal letter of application that outlines your skills, qualifications, and experience to Danielle West at email@example.com. If you would like an informal discussion about the position prior to submitting an application please email at the same address.
Closing date: Friday 25th May 2018.
Any applications received prior to this date will be followed up immediately. Interviews to take place in Dubai in June.
GEMS WELLINGTON ACADEMY,