St. Dominic’s R.C. Sixth Form College
Mount Park Avenue
Harrow on the Hill
London, HA1 3HX
Tel: 0208 422 8040
Principal: Andrew Parkin MA
Sixth Form College Chaplain
Full time or Term Time Only available, (41 weeks), 36 hours per week
Salary – Paid on the Sixth Form College non-teaching staff salary scale points circa point 39 to 43 + outer London allowance.
Start date: August 27th 2019
Owing to the promotion of our current Chaplain to a post in the north-east of England, we are seeking to appoint an experienced individual to this important and high profile role at St. Dominic’s Sixth Form College.
The successful candidate will build on the 10 years of excellent work undertaken by the out-going Chaplain to further grow and enhance our chaplaincy offer. He/she will need to be confident in delivering CPD on themes exploring the ethos of the College and the Church’s mission in education. The Chaplain will be developing the Catholic Life of the College through their ministry and providing the strategic direction needed for this.
The Chaplain will also have responsibility for the following areas:
• Leading the Collective Worship Programme including whole College and staff liturgies and liaising with local clergy for our weekly Friday lunchtime Mass.
• Organising and leading the St. Dominic’s group on the annual Westminster Diocesan pilgrimage to Lourdes.
• Running face based and wellbeing activities by way of group sessions for students and staff.
• Running the St. Dominic’s social justice programme including arranging and sourcing speakers accordingly.
• Supporting the various events planned for our 40th anniversary year in 2019/2020.
St. Dominic’s is a Roman Catholic College within a multi-faith setting and the Chaplain works across the whole institution supporting students and staff on their spiritual journeys. The Chaplain is integral to College life and together with the SLT, directs the Mission of the College. This is an important role and involves working collaboratively with a wide range of students, staff and external stakeholders.
For a suitably qualified candidate the possibility of leading our Core RE Programme may also be available.
For further information or to arrange a conversation with the Principal and/or a visit, please contact the PA to the Principal, Dee Wick on firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for this position, please download the application form from the website www.stdoms.ac.uk
Deadline for applications Friday May 24th at 12noon. Interviews week beginning June 3rd 2019