The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Applications are invited for a position as school Chaplain at Our Lady of Good Counsel School, Gatton. The school Chaplain will contribute to the student wellbeing services offered by the school. The successful applicant will carry out a wide range of activities with students, staff and parents and will be an integral member of the pastoral support team of the school to support the social and emotional wellbeing of students and their families.
The school Chaplain:
• contributes to and promotes the development, alignment, attainment and review of the mission and strategic goals for Brisbane Catholic Education
• Works closely with others to promote student wellbeing, emotional resilience, positive relationships and a sense of community
• Collaborates with other role holders such as the Campus Minister or APRE in supporting the faith, spiritual and pastoral needs of students (*where appropriate)
• Provides students, their families and staff with appropriate referrals in difficult situations such as during times of grief or when students are facing personal or emotional challenges; and
• Promotes positive partnerships within and beyond the school community
Minimum requirements for applicants for the position of school Chaplain in a Brisbane Catholic Education school must hold a Certificate IV in Pastoral Care or Youth Work or equivalent qualification.
Our Lady of Good Counsel School, Gatton, is a Catholic Primary School situated in the Lockyer Valley. We are a co-educational school with approximately 262 students. We offer our families and students a broad education founded on the values of the Mercy tradition. Our school community works together – united in our belief in Jesus Christ and His values and supporting each other in many different and important ways. It is this partnership that develops a feeling of family and also pride in our school.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing July 2019
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 06/12/2019
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 28.35 per week Monday - Friday
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: Level 5
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Nathan Haley
Contact Telephone Number: 0754 602 999
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window