CHAPLAIN / STUDENT SUPPORT WORKER
Part time Temporary - 3 days per week, 18 hours
MacKillop College is situated on the beautiful Mid North Coast of NSW. Our College aims to provide a learning and teaching model for 1100 students of striving for excellence, your personal best.
As a Catholic school we support our students with a Pastoral Care structure and well-being programs. Our teaching staff provide dynamic learning opportunities for our individual students to succeed.
If you feel this would be a great fit for you, we invite suitably qualified applicants to apply for the temporary position of 18 hours per week over three days for the 2020 school year, please note applications close Friday, 6th December 2019 at 9.00am.
- Applicants are required to have a certificate IV in Youth Work or Pastoral Care, or an equivalent qualification e.g. Teacher, Counsellor. (The qualification must include competencies in “mental health” and “making appropriate referrals”).
- Applicants need to be willing and able to participate in and support the religious dimension of St Agnes’ Parish Secondary Schools. https://stagnesparish.org.au/
- Applicants must be able to work independently and be willing to work in a team
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite competently
Applicants must hold a current NSW Working with Children Check or obtain one at your own cost.
Applicants must register with the Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Office.
Please forward your cover letter and resume including three (3) referees, one of whom is the Parish Priest from your usual place of worship:
MacKillop College, Port Macquarie NSW
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged via email only after application closing date.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
MacKillop College is part of the Diocese of Lismore and one of the St Agnes’ Parish Secondary Schools.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/