We are seeking to appoint a Chef / Lead Cook for a unique opportunity to work in a brand new Residential school for young people aged 5-19 with special needs.
You will be someone who is passionate and highly motivated to support the best outcomes for the young people who join the school and help to create an outstanding centre of education.
Crossley Manor School will be located at the former Briar’s Hey site, Rainhill which is well connected to the North West and beyond. If you are looking for a new challenge within the SEND sector, and are committed to making a difference for young people then this opportunity could be for you!
Full or part time will be considered
- Specialist provision for children and young people aged 5-19, with provisional capacity for up to 60 students, 8 students within our on-site state of the art residential accommodation and a children’s home for 11 young people
- The opportunity to develop a site-wide catering service that meets the holistic needs of our young people
- Scope to contribute to a new school under our experienced Headteacher
The ideal candidate:
- has qualifications in catering and catering management
- has excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- has the ability to use their initiative to support the needs of all children and work well as part of a team
- has hobbies / interests / skills that contribute to a wide curriculum offer
- is confident, caring and patient
- is interested in working with professionals from other disciplines
- is committed to on-going training and development
- has experience in meeting demands associated with Health and Safety and Environmental Health
We expect all candidates to share our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and all posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be addressed to the Headteacher: Andy Howard via email email@example.com
For further details and application form please contact Jayne Barrow, Personal Assistant, Crossley Manor, Mill Lane, Rainhill, Prescot, L35 6NE.
Tel: 0151 426 9808. Email:
Please note the following:
- Applications are to be made using the Elysium Education Services application form only.
- CVs will not be accepted
- No agencies please
Closing date for applications is 1500 Monday 17th July 2017.
Interviews will be held WB 24th July 2017. We regret that if you have not heard from us by this time then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care and education where the people who use our service are placed at the heart of all aspects of schooling, residential placement or hospital treatment programme.
Our inclusive way of working has the individual as a true partner in their care and future goals. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent opportunities that truly benefit those who use our service.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of 30 sites strategically placed across England and Wales that includes hospitals, schools and residential care. Elysium Education Services is a trading name of Elysium Healthcare and represents our growing commitment to young people in this area.