This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants are welcome to apply again.
The Headmaster and Governors are seeking to appoint and inspirational teacher of Chemistry who will significantly support the development of Science at Cransley School, and have the potential for leading the Department.
The successful candidate will understand, value and nurture Cransley School’s ethos and will build upon the School’s success, whilst preserving its culture and mission statement of Seeking Excellence; Nurturing Relationships and Venturing Beyond.
The successful candidate will carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as set out in the current Teachers’ Standards.
The candidate will teach a 0.9 timetable of Chemistry and Science across the ability and age range of Cransley School, from KS3 to GCSE, delivering agreed Schemes of Work, and to carry out the duties of a classroom teacher, and a 0.1 timetable allocation in the Junior School.
Contract: Permanent, Full-time.
Salary: Cransley Main Pay Scale only, with potential for future management opportunities. Please enquire before application. Cransley School does not provide for the TPS.
Applications from exceptional NQTs are welcome. We would provide excellent mentoring and introduction to the profession though the Independent Schools Teacher Induction Programme (ISTIP).
Cransley is a leading Independent Day School for boys and girls aged from 4 to 16, set in the idyllic rural estate of Belmont Hall on Warrington Road between Northwich and Stretton, near the beautiful village of Great Budworth.
Our GCSE results and KS2 results are amongst the very best of maintained and independent settings, and currently the best in Cheshire. Furthermore, as an inclusive school, our value-added score is one of the highest in the country.
- small class sizes, under 20 (less at GCSE);
- increased holidays, compared to maintained settings.
- the independence of a curriculum which suits our children and their futures;
- a small caring community where individuals (staff, parents and pupils) are at the very core and purpose of the school;
- the opportunities to work with experienced and highly respected senior specialist colleagues, sharing expertise;
- a vibrant, happy, studious workplace with a focus on the enjoyment of learning, in a beautiful rural setting;
- an excellent school community with delightful children and supportive, engaged families;
- active and supportive governors and parents.
The ideal candidate would have the following key skills, experience and attributes:
Qualifications and Experience
- A good Degree, with teaching qualification.
- Evidence of training and/or delivery of the GCSE Science Curriculum (Cransley School delivers the AQA Science Syllabus).
- Good understanding and knowledge of current educational issues for the 11 – 16 age group.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen, consult and discuss
- Excellent Computing/ICT and Literacy skills
- Willingness to be visible and act as a high profile ambassador for the School to current and prospective parents, feeder schools and the wider community
- Ability to relate effectively to all sections of the School community
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate pupils
- Ability to lead and drive innovation in science and make contribution to the department's Development Plan and associated departmental documents
- Ability to manage change successfully
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Highly efficient, with excellent time management skills
- Commitment to achieving the highest possible academic standards.
- Natural empathy with the underlying pastoral ethos of Cransley School;
- Commitment to the welfare of pupils
- Excellent judgement and integrity
- Impressive personal presence, able to act as an ambassador and advocate for the School
- Confident and assured communicator
- Strong, dynamic and inspirational
- Strong leader and team player
- Calm and collected under pressure
- Strategic and forward-looking
- Adaptable, collaborative and decisive
- Ability to delegate and trust as appropriate
- Knowledgeable and approachable, able to relate to pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
How to Apply
We hope you may find our wonderful school of interest, and see your successful future here. We look forward to your potential application and demonstration of the skills you may be able to bring to Cransley.
You are invited to complete your application through the TES website only.
If you wish to visit the school or have any enquiries, please contact Mrs Clare Holt on 01606891747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CRANSLEY SCHOOL IS COMMITTED TO SAFEGUARDING AND PROMOTING THE WELFARE OF CHILDREN, AND APPLICANTS MUST BE WILLING TO UNDERGO CHILD PROTECTION SCREENING APPROPRIATE TO THE POST, INCLUDING CHECKS WITH PAST EMPLOYERS AND AN ENHANCED DBS CHECK (LIST 99, DECLARATION OF FITNESS TO WORK, DECLARATION OF ASSOCIATION).