Aldar Academies are seeking a Chemistry Teacher for Al Bateen Academy commencing Academic Year 2022-2023.
Al Bateen Academy is located in the center of the city of Abu Dhabi and is a hugely popular school based in a vibrant community. The school is a high achieving British and IB World School (Years 7 to 13) easily exceeding IB Diploma global averages year on year and achieving outstanding I/GCSE results. The school recently expanded into primary years, starting with FS2 to Year 3, and developed this year to include a full primary provision, FS2 to Year 6. The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is an exciting addition and provides the community with an all through school experience from FS1 to Year 13 offering PYP, UK and IB Diploma options.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Planning for outstanding teaching and learning, in line with the schools Teaching and Learning Policy, through:
- Creating a climate for learning that is conducive for outstanding practice;
- Identifying clear teaching and learning objectives;
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
- Identifying SEN (POD), EAL and G&T students and ensuring that their needs are met through differentiation;
- Providing clear structure and planning for lessons and learning activities that maintain pace, challenge and engagement;
- Making effective use of assessment for learning;
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver dif-ferentiated lessons;
- Making effective use of ICT to enhance learning and progress
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s ‘Behaviour for Learning Policy’ and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching and learning;
- Mark students work at least once every two weeks, and set targets for progress, in accordance with the school’s Marking Policy;
- Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records; using performance data to inform planning, student learning and progress;
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by examination bodies, department and school proce-dures
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents
- Attend and support parent/student events
- Take part in subject development by producing, reviewing and updating curriculum plans and schemes of work
- Keep subject knowledge up-to-date through CPD and professional reading
- Contribute to the school’s CAS Programme by leading/supporting one after-school activity each term (CAS excludes I/GCSE and IB DP Revision/Booster Sessions);
- To be an Academic Mentor and Extended Essay Supervisor to Year 12/13 students;
- Undertake duties as part of the staff duty rota;
- Cover for absent colleagues;
- Invigilate examinations, as required, to support the Examinations Officer and Summer Examination Sched-ule;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Very good/outstanding teacher
- Teaching across ability range with proven success
- Experience of working in more than one International School
- Experience of teaching IB and I/GCSE
- Knowledge of UAE Ministry of Education and ADEK regulations
- Commitment to school’s vision and IB Philosophy and Mission Statement
- Passion for education, teaching, and a belief in the potential of every student
- Ability to work under pressure, problem-solve, deal with challenging situations and be resilient
- Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD)
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and con-tribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 24 and below 58 years of age
Welcome to Al Bateen Academy
Al Bateen opened in September 2011 to provide high quality education from the ages of 4 to 18. The school follows the IB PYP for FS2 to Year 3, English National Curriculum, with an international dimension, in Years 7 to 9...