Would you like to use your Chemistry skills and knowledge teaching highly motivated students?
Would you like the opportunity to work in a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted?
Join Tiffin Girls' School and enjoy stimulating and creative surroundings and excellent benefits including a two-week October half term.
We’re looking to appoint a teacher of Chemistry who would relish the opportunity to work with our articulate and diligent student body. The school greatly values the contribution that the study of Chemistry brings to its curriculum offer and to the all-round development of the students, helping them flourish as global citizens.
Chemistry is an extremely popular A level choice. Students enjoy undertaking the challenge of competitions such as Salters and the Chemistry Olympiad, and many go on to use their Chemistry at top universities.
Newly qualified science teachers are very welcome to apply - we support the development of new teachers through an excellent NQT training programme and the Chemistry department is very supportive in its approach.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- have a strong academic background
- be hardworking and keen to learn
- ideally be confident in teaching Chemistry to A level to high-achieving students, however, new teachers will be supported in developing the knowledge necessary for teaching to A level over a period of time
- be an excellent classroom practitioner, who is prepared to engage with evidence-based research in their teaching
- contribute to an extensive and thriving extra-curricular programme
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Chemistry department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please complete an application form via the Apply button.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Early applications are encouraged as the school reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 24 February 2020
Interview date: Friday 28 February 2020
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.