Dates: Apply by Wednesday 18th April 2018
Contract type: Full Time/ Part Time (hours to suit)
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Academy Trust Payscale based on skills and experience, plus potential for additional Reach Points
Start Date: September 2018
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Chemistry teacher to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers.
This opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to play an integral role as we establish ourselves in our new permanent £18m building which opens in September 2018. Science is a popular subject at The Reach Free School, with the minimum expectation that pupils complete GCSE Combined Science, and a large cohort each year choosing the Triple Science route. Through our Electives programme there is space to develop an interest and understanding of science beyond the curriculum.
This is an excellent career opportunity offering the chance to teach in brand new facilities. There is the option of full time or part time work, with flexible hours to suit together with the potential for additional responsibilities.
You will have a passion for Science, and a track record of excellent teaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in Science and beyond.
The Reach Free School is looking for its teachers to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme
- Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new curriculum at Key Stage 4 and Post-16
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Leadership and management opportunities in the future as the school grows
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families. From September 2018, the school will be moving to a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new, local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 224764 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Apply by Wednesday 18th April 2018
Interviews to take place: April 2018
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.