At HeadStart we aim to stimulate students’ minds, as well as to encourage them to push beyond perceived traditional academic boundaries. It is our intention that through employing dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring teachers, we will enthuse all our students to reach their potential and exceed expectations. We deliver a well-rounded personalised educational experience. We pride ourselves in being a community school, emphasising individual learning.
HeadStart is based in the centre of Phuket Island and gained ‘International School’ status in 2010. We are now a fully accredited International School with The Education Development Trust, having been awarded the International Schools Quality Mark (ISQM). The most recent accreditation showed the school to be a ‘Good School with Outstanding Features’.
We have been offering Cambridge qualifications throughout all Key Stages and IGCSEs for many years. The school now has over 800 students on roll and is moving towards becoming oversubscribed in many year groups.
We are looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Chemistry teacher for the start of the 2020/2021 academic year. The successful candidate will be able to teach across the age range 11-18 and will have experience of teaching Cambridge IGCSE and A Level, for Chemistry, or at the very least, experience of teaching GCSE/A Level in a UK based school.
We are looking for a highly committed team player with drive, energy and passion, who will inspire a love of learning within their students. A good sense of humour and an excellent work ethic are essential.
Requirements / Application Details
- Good Knowledge of the UK based curriculum and experience of teaching KS3 to KS5
- Sound understanding of the assessment requirements for IGCSE and A Level Chemistry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university
- A recognised teaching qualification, BEd., PGCE, iPGCE or Equivalent
- Fluent English speaker
Desirable Requirements (not essential):
- Previous experience in an International School environment or experience of teaching second language learners
- Experience of the Cambridge International Examinations Curriculum
(Full details of salary package and terms and conditions will be sent to short-listed candidates)
- Private medical insurance
- 2 year renewable contract
- The first month's accommodation on arrival to help the settling process
- Free lunch and beverages during the school day
- Additional payment for extra curricula activities
- Significant end of contract bonuses.
Interested candidates should follow this link: Apply Here and complete the online application form in order to apply for the position.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 27th of November 2019; however, we encourage early applications and reserve the right to make an appointment to the ideal candidate before this date.
PLEASE NOTE: HeadStart International School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (in the UK) or Criminal Records (Police Check) disclosure from their most recent country of residence.
Shortlisted candidates will be sent full salary details and be invited for interview (via Skype).
For further details please visit our school website at: www.headstartphuket.com
CANDIDATES WITHOUT A DEGREE AND A RECOGNISED TEACHING QUALIFICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
We do not except applications from candidates with only a TEFL or equivalent qualification.