Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Chemistry Teacher to join an outstanding secondary school in Twickenham. The school has been regarded as one of the most prominent comprehensive schools within the UK. This part time teaching position is available for a January 2019 start, contracted through to the end of academic year, with a view to permanency for the right candidate. The successful Chemistry Teacher will be required to teach KS3 – KS5 and demonstrate commitment to delivering outstanding Science lessons. A major focus of the Science department centres on ensuring all students enjoy learning, achieve success, and be empowered to take responsibility for themselves and their futures.
About the Role
· Chemistry Teacher
· Located in Twickenham
· Required to teach Science to KS3 – KS5
· Part time teaching post, days TBC
· 3 – 4 days per week, term time only, view to become a permanent position
· Up to £42,000 pro rata, depending on experience
About the School
· Excellence is evident across the curriculum, which is broad and balanced and designed to encourage responsibility and independent learning
· Rated as 'Outstanding' in all categories in its last Ofsted inspection
· Looking to interview ASAP
· Easy to access using multiple routes via public transport
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Chemistry Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· A PGCE qualification or equivalent, specialising in Science
· Have strong behaviour management skills
· Possess the ability to teach pre-planned lessons and partake in marking work
· Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Must be able to provide recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number #IXK532411
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.