We are seeking to recruit a Chief Operating Officer to join our newly formed Multi Academy Trust. This is a vitally important appointment in the next stage of our growth plan and one that will have significant influence in further establishing the work of the Trust and its ability to support the Trust’s schools. You will provide strategic and operational leadership for all business matters of the trust to realise the potential of our MAT to bring around improvement for its schools through structural and organisational collaboration.
The Directors wish to appoint a suitably experienced and talented individual who can steer the MAT through it’s infancy with a focus on supporting our schools to ensure everything we do promotes outstanding outcomes for our students. We are deeply committed to implementing a collaborative approach to developing and securing excellent educational provision and outcomes for all our students.
The Directors are seeking an inspirational and positive individual:
• To lead on strategic business planning for the multi academy trust to ensure that it has clear and sustainable plans for the future.
• To lead on all matters relating to human resources, estate management, IT systems, health and safety and administration across all academies in the trust to ensure the best possible outcomes for all students and staff.
• To maximise earned income from the trust’s assets, including commercial trading, intellectual property and joint ventures through an enterprising approach to business development and partnerships.
• To provide support to the Executive Headteacher in the implementation of the Trust’s vision, values and key objectives and advise the Executive Headteacher on matters pertaining to all aspects of the role.
• To think strategically; to be innovative and entrepreneurial; to anticipate problems; to highlight issues and devise possible solutions; to stay abreast of legislation, policies and practices which might or would affect the Trust.
• To show resilience and the ability to handle high levels of pressure meeting deadlines whilst maintaining a positive approach.
• Positive and passionate about working with students, especially those with learning disabilities
• Committed to delivering the vision and ethos of Friars MAT
• A team player who can work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• A reflective practitioner able to motivate and lead by example
• Resilient and able to thrive in a high profile leadership role
• A strategic thinker able to deliver effectively and efficiently
If you are, then we can offer:
• An outstanding group of staff, who are committed to achieving high standards for our students
• A strong ethos and collaborative working
• Ambitious staff and Directors who are highly motivated
• Opportunities for quality professional development