Work Skills Learning are looking for a full-time or part-time Mandarin Teacher to join our small, dedicated and friendly team.
About Work Skills Learning
Based in London N4, Work Skills Learning is an independent SEN provision for young people aged between 16 - 25 with special needs. We are a small, dedicated community with high expectations for each of our young people. Our learners are offered a personalised learning journey and we actively set out to ensure that every young person thrives in all aspects of the curriculum. Our learners are fully informed and active in their learning journey and have every capacity to achieve their aspirations successfully.
Preparing our young people for a successful and enriched future alongside ensuring our learners are able to contribute to their community and society, irrespective of their starting point, is key to our vision. Our values of personal responsibility and respect are integral to our ethos where views, beliefs and differences are appreciated. This is in keeping with the support of our families and underpinned by our wellbeing programme.
Life at Work Skills Learning is diverse, inspirational and aspirational. We offer a carefully structured curriculum. We firmly subscribe to a collaborative, reflective, outward facing community in ensuring that each phase of our young person’s career is meticulously supported and extended by the Work Skills Learning team.
Mandarin Teacher Role Requirements
The Teacher of Mandarin will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching, through planning engaging lessons to enable all students to make the best possible progress. The successful candidate must:
- Demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way.
- Have Qualified Teacher status
- Teach across all levels and abilities at GCSE Level
- A knowledge and understanding of the theory and proactive of providing effectively for the individuals needs of all student's (e.g. lesson organisation and learning strategies)
- Develop, maintain and stimulate student's’ curiosity, interest and enjoyment in Mandarin
- Be appropriately qualified (e.g. B.Ed. or a first degree and a PGCE)
- Provide three professional referees, one of whom must be your current, or most recent employer;
It is desirable to have experience of:
- Working in the international sector
- Be prepared to innovate and devise imaginatively varied ways of teaching their subjects to inspire students; enabling them to have equal access to Mandarin and to experience success in their work
- Use teaching strategies that allow for the full range of ability and learning styles in each lesson, particularly taking into account the learning needs of LDD students.
- Mark work according to departmental and provision marking policies, giving appropriate feedback and maintaining records of student’s progress in their subject.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Undertake report writing and the award of internal grades as required
- Be able to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) to a variety of audiences
- Be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of our provision
Please see the full job description and person specification for further details.
To apply: Please complete the application form along with a covering letter giving details of what skills you could bring to the role and why your application should be considered. Send to: email@example.com
EK Outreach Services Ltd
Hackney N4 2TW
- English sen schools & colleges