We require at least one classroom Tutor to be based in 6th form with students with moderate and complex learning difficulties.
Salary information: MPR; £29,915 - £41,136 per annum + SEN1; £2,270 (UPR considered for suitably experienced).
Meadow High School a successful Special School for children with Complex Learning Needs, including Autism (currently 256 on roll). Our success has been consistently identified in all our Ofsted inspections.
We are seeking teachers who embrace the school’s vision to enable and empower our pupils with lifelong skills and enable as many as possible enter the world of work.
Whilst experience in a special school is desirable it is not essential. We are looking for someone with the ability and drive to ensure that each pupil gets the maximum benefit from their educational placement. Applicants from mainstream or SEN backgrounds are welcome but all will need to demonstrate a clear understanding of SEN and how this might impact on learning and curriculum delivery.
We are looking for applicants who hold Qualified Teacher Status and preferably have experience in an SEN setting or working with young people who have learning disabilities. Candidates with UPS will need to demonstrate how they could continue to offer a whole school impact.
The successful applicant will also be a form tutor to one groups and will be required to write and conduct Annual Reviews of their tutor groups EHCPs.
We wish to appoint candidates with:
- The ability to be a team player;
- An ability to teach across a range of subjects and be able to offer some subject specialism;
- A positive can do attitude;
- An understanding of how SEN can impact on learners;
- A commitment to supporting individual pupils and at time families;
- Good organisational skills;
- The ability to differentiate work for a range of learning needs and abilities;
- A highly structured approach to teaching suited to the needs of pupils with ASD and other learning difficulties ;
- A passion for teaching pupils with SEN;
- A sense of humour.
We can offer:
- A supportive staff team;
- A commitment to your continued professional development;
- Small class groups;
- The opportunity to work in a caring, friendly and ambitious school.
CLOSING DATE: Monday 25th January 2021.
SHORTLISTING: Wednesday 27th January 2021.
INTERVIEWS: Monday 8th / Tuesday 9th February 2021.
CVs will not be accepted.
Meadow High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Meadow High School
- Special needs with state - community funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years