Southmead Primary School is a thriving and vibrant place of learning, where we value and harness everyone’s contribution in our pursuit of excellence in all aspects of our work. You will be joining an ambitious, dedicated and happy team.
If you have a true passion for teaching and learning and want to help all our children make the best possible progress from their starting points; if you have children at the heart of your teaching practice then we are the school for you. We are a culturally diverse school and welcome applications from all. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people.
We have sixteen places in our base and all of our children have Autism/ASD. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for supporting children with SEN to work within an inclusive provision to help deliver an outstanding creative curriculum. We have a clear focus on developing independence, social skills and life skills in context. Our Base is fully included within the wider school, with opportunities to integrate with the mainstream on a daily basis.
We are looking for someone who:
- is an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations
- has experience of working with SEN/ASD children
- is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player
- has a strong commitment to school improvement
- is ambitious with the ability to motivate and inspire
- secures high levels of achievement
- is committed to safeguarding all our children and their emotional well-being
- is able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
In return we can offer you:
- Happy children who love learning and are proud of their school
- A welcoming, caring and dedicated staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for our children
- Clear succession planning to enable all staff to develop leadership skills for the future
- Excellent opportunities for continued professional development
- Dedicated release time
- A strong, ambitious and supportive leadership team
- A nurturing, inclusive culture and ethos that recognises the efforts of all members of the school community
- A specialist OT and SALT both working 2 days a week in the base
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed - if you would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact, Vanessa Lewis, Office Manager, on 0208 788 8901 or via email Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/.
For any further details please use the telephone number below or contact the school by email Vanessa.email@example.com.
Completed applications should be returned to the school either by email or post.
Closing date: 07 July 2017 (at noon)
Shortlisting: 07 July 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Southmead Primary School
Tel: 0208 788 8901
Fax: 0208 788 8782