Shawlands Primary School is a “Good” school situated near to the town centre of Barnsley, which serves a diverse and very supportive community. Pupils are enthusiastic to learn from our broad and creative curriculum, and staff work together to achieve the best for all children. Shawlands works in collaboration with other local town centre schools, enabling the sharing of good practice.
Due to growing class sizes and a restructuring of the leadership team, we now seek to appoint a permanent classroom teacher to join our creative and supportive staff.
The school seeks to appoint an outstanding candidate to help our children achieve their potential and to enhance our passionate and professional staff.
The successful candidate will:
- Have up to date pedagogical knowledge of class room practice.
- Have a good understanding of Assessment for Learning and behaviour management strategies.
- Have a proven track record of successfully leading a subject area.
- Have a good understanding of writing, implementing and reviewing action plans.
- Be able to analyse data at all levels to identify key areas for development.
- Possess the ability to lead a subject through school in order to raise standards at all levels.
- Have high aspirations for all students, regardless of their starting points.
The closing date is 27th April at 12 noon. Interviews will be held week commencing Monday 7th May.
Visits to the school are encouraged, to arrange a convenient time please email: email@example.com
Please note for this post you will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check. Shawlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.