We are currently looking to welcome a qualified Class Teacher to join our thriving learning environment
We are an Outstanding academy based in purpose-built buildings in the leafy surroundings of Beckenham, just minutes from beautiful Kelsey Park. We have a very strong, growing team, all of whom are hugely supportive and fun to work with!
NQTs are welcome to apply, and subject leadership roles are available depending on experience – we would be particularly interested in a music or art lead. Salary is negotiable based on experience.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified practitioner who holds QTS or equivalent and an undergraduate degree;
- A passion for children’s learning and development;
- A willingness to try new things and to help develop new strategies in curriculum and assessment;
- The ability to motivate, lead and inspire colleagues;
- High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards;
- High aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development.
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
About Harris Primary Academy Beckenham
Harris Primary Academy Beckenham opened in 2015 with its first two Reception classes of 20 children each, and now educates children from Reception to Year 3. The response in the local area was very supportive and we took an additional 46 Reception children in September 2016. In January 2017, we moved into our brand new, purpose built building, offering state of the art equipment and facilities. Each year we will take an additional 60 children into Reception year until the school is full in 2021. Our academy is situated in a quiet, residential area with large landscaping and grounds just opposite Kelsey Park in Beckenham. We are looking for someone who wishes to join our group of friendly staff to personally develop and grow alongside our academy.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham?
- A genuine opportunity to make a difference
- High quality support and CPD to ensure that you are successful
- An exciting, well organised and vibrant environment in which to work.
- A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best
- Enthusiastic staff, committed to raising standards
- A vibrant multi-lingual and multi-cultural school community
Come and see us in action! Visits to Harris Primary Academy Beckenham are strongly encouraged and very welcome. Please call 0203 772 4578 or email Jennie Harwood on email@example.com or 0203 772 4578 to arrange a time to come in or an informal conversation with the Principal.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing children!
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for talented teachers who are passionate about their subject and making a difference. You can help us transform education in London, and create exceptional places of learning.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.