Wansdyke School is looking to appoint an experienced QTS qualified Class Teacher for its Complex Needs Resource Base from April 2020, or sooner if possible.
Wansdyke School is a vibrant school which is committed to continually raising standards and achieving excellence through providing exciting and memorable learning opportunities for every child. In our most recent inspection, we were graded as good. We have fantastic children and an engaged school community. Located on the outskirts of the market town of Devizes, Wansdyke School is a thriving academy, within the Acorn Education Trust. Situated in the heart of beautiful, rural Wiltshire, Devizes has excellent access to routes to Chippenham, Swindon and the M4 to the north, and the A303/M3 to the south.
Wansdyke School is a single form entry primary school with a 20 place Complex Needs Resource Base, so we have 230 pupils on roll. We have no mixed aged classes and our maximum class size is 30 pupils. The resource base brings an atmosphere of inclusion and tolerance and we are very proud they are a part of our school. At Wansdyke we aim to encourage all our children to achieve their fullest potential, not only in what they learn in the classroom, but across the whole spectrum of school life. We aspire to enable all children at Wansdyke to make outstanding progress and leave the school at least the national expectation in Reading, Writing and Maths. In the Complex Needs Resource Base we aim for outstanding progress against the upper quartile targets in the progression guidance. As the most recent academy to join the Acorn Education Trust, we are excited by the prospect of working collaboratively to provide exciting opportunities to improve local education.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have experience of working with primary age children, preferably EYFS/KS1;
- Have some experience of working with SEND children;
- Can challenge, inspire and support children in their learning;
- Can provide outstanding learning opportunities for our children;
- Are dedicated to and have high expectations of children and a belief that all children can succeed;
- Are committed to teaching using a creative, cross-curricular approach;
- Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Are able to create a high quality stimulating, interactive and creative learning environment;
- Are able to work effectively within our hardworking, talented and friendly team on whole school issues and can share good practice.
- Lead an area of the curriculum across the school
We can offer the right candidates:
- An ambitious and vibrant place to work, with enthusiastic staff and children who are keen to learn and deserve the best;
- Well-resourced classrooms with up to date technology for every teacher;
- A highly organised and very supportive team;
- Wonderful opportunities to work and plan collaboratively with experienced colleagues across the Trust;
- A clearly defined and supportive induction procedure;
- High quality professional development opportunities
For a visit to the school, please contact Janice Maund, School Business manager, on 01380 725234 or by email at office@Wansdyke.wilts.sch.uk .
Please see links below for further information and to apply please use the apply button, and, send a letter outlining your educational philosophy to the Headteacher via Janice Maund at office@Wansdyke.wilts.sch.uk .
Interview date: w/beg 27th January 2020