Primary Class Teacher
Required for September 2018
MPS + SEN 1
Ref: ED 17954
Working Pattern: Full Time
Closing Date 18 May 2018
Ravenshall School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to work in our Primary department.
This Outstanding special school caters for pupils aged 4 ��� 19 who have learning difficulties and a wide range of medical and complex needs. Many of our pupils also have communication difficulties.
We aim to provide a broad, balanced and fully engaging curriculum which will enable each child to develop emotionally, socially, physically and intellectually to achieve their full potential through a wide range of learning opportunities. Our pupils are enthusiastic and love coming to school. They expect a lot from their teachers!
The successful candidate will have a passion for Special Educational Needs and a creative, inspirational approach to developing and delivering an engaging and personalised curriculum.
Applications will be particularly welcome from teachers who have a mainstream background as well as Special Education, as we offer high quality in-house support and CPD for successful candidates joining our forward facing school.
This is an exciting opportunity for a colleague to extend and develop their CPD in new and innovative ways.
We are committed to teachers’ professional development which is recognised within our ‘Investors in People’ Gold Status.
We look forward to hearing from you if you are:
- An excellent practitioner, able to set and achieve high standards and expectations of learning and teaching
- Have a good understanding of engagement strategies to support positive behaviour for learning approaches
- Highly motivated and a team player with drive and vision
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills
- An exemplary classroom manager, able to supportively lead a great team of Teaching Assistants
In return we can offer:
- A school which values and invests in all our staff by providing a range of bespoke CPD opportunities to enable you to meet all our pupil needs
- A well resourced and enjoyable working environment
- A supportive and collaborative leadership team who welcome new ideas
- A school committed to raising standards which has children and young people at the heart of our maxim “All Different, All Equal, All Important”
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Visits to the school are essential, with appointments available most days.
Please contact Mrs Rachel Thackray, School Business Manager to arrange an appointment.
Interviews will be held during May 2018.