We are looking to recruit a permanent, full-time class teacher who will be employed in the first instance to work at Sanderson's Wynd Primary School until 30th June 2017.
The successful candidate will be permanent to East Lothian Council and at the end of the initial cover at Sanderson's Wynd Primary School, they will be redeployed to a suitable alternative class teacher vacancy within another East Lothian primary school as required. Applicants must be willing to travel to any school in East Lothian and to cover all Primary stages.
Candidates can also apply for this post on a temporary basis only if preferred. Please note your preference when completing the application form.
Sanderson's Wynd is a vibrant, inclusive community school with many new learning opportunities to offer. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a passionate team of professional people. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to teach a short lesson to the class.
The Head Teacher warmly welcomes enquiries and visits from interested candidates.
To undertake class-teaching duties
- Teach assigned classes together with associated preparation and correction.
- Develop the school curriculum.
- Assess, record and report on the work of pupils.
- Prepare pupils for examinations and assist with their administration.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Undertake appropriate and agreed Career Long Professional Development (CLPL).
- Participate in issues related to school planning, raising achievement and individual review.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school.
Appropriate primary qualification
For Permanent Posts: Full GTCS Registration is required.
For Temporary Posts: Full/Provisional GTCS Registration is required.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with vulnerable children and/or protected adults, as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
All preferred candidates for posts carrying out regulated work with these groups will be required to become a PVG Scheme member, or undergo a PVG Scheme update if they are already a member, prior to any formal offer of employment being made by East Lothian Council.
Please note: PVG member’s records are constantly updated with any new vetting information that arises. Any information that is disclosed on a PVG membership or update check, if relevant to the post being applied for, will be discussed with the applicant and investigated prior to any formal offer being made.
Closing date: 11/12/2016
Sanderson's Wynd Primary School,