Class Teacher – EYFS Nursery
Required from Easter (or earlier if possible)
MPS 1-6, UPS1-3
The Governors at Joseph Locke Primary School are seeking an outstanding early years teacher who is passionate about giving our youngest learners stimulating and exciting experiences whilst preparing them for life-long learning and success. We are looking for a teacher who has the determination and drive to make our children’s nursery experience a memorable one!
We are dedicated to the pupils and their families in our school and wish to appoint someone who shares our passion for providing our pupils with the best possible start on their school journey; someone who celebrates the exciting diversity of our local community and wants to see all of our children succeed.
We are looking for someone who can sustain the developments the children have already made in nursery and who will continue to engage the children in those wonderful first-hand experiences so important in making children smile. If you are passionate about teaching and you are looking for an exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
The post is full time and permanent.
Applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We are looking for an inspirational and talented teacher, who is:
• An excellent EYFS teacher who can support high quality provision, teaching and assessment in Foundation Stage.
• A strong, exceptionally focused individual who understands the importance of language development in the early years and is dedicated to developing this.
• Passionate about teaching, committed to delivering outstanding learning opportunities and be a practitioner that others can be inspired by.
• Confident in maintaining a creative and stimulating curriculum and learning environment.
• Enthusiastic and dedicated to enabling every child to fulfil their potential.
• Has high expectations regarding pupils’ progress, achievement and behaviour.
• Able to set and achieve high standards and expectations of learning, behaviour and care.
• Willing to form strong professional relationships with other professionals and parents/carers.
• Self-motivated and willing to make a significant contribution to pushing our school from good to outstanding.
• Prepared to engage actively and fully with the wider life of school and the development of others.
In return we will offer you:
• A chance to join a strong, highly skilled and committed staff with a commitment to ‘teamwork’ who are dedicated to school improvement.
• Friendly, caring, hardworking pupils who are eager to learn and a wonderful local community
• Excellent support mechanisms and opportunities for personal and professional development.
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment.
• Established links with our collaboration schools.
Visits to school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Julie Morris (Co-Head teachers’ PA) to make an appointment. Because of the Christmas holiday shutdown, school will be closed from 3.15pm, Friday 17th December 2021 until 8.30am, Tuesday 4th January 2022.
Please note, applications are only accepted from candidates who have completed the Council’s Application Form, obtainable from and returnable to Julie Morris, Joseph Locke Primary School, Shaw Street, Barnsley, S70 6JL or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of the application pack documents can also be downloaded from our website at www.josephlockeprimary.com
Please return your application form to Julie Morris at the above address, or by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 4th January 2022, 4pm.
Shortlisting: Wednesday 5th January 2022
Interviews to be held : Tuesday 11th January 2022
Joseph Locke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, satisfactory references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.